Sunday 8 September 2013

Preview of coming attractions

Not much time today to write about my latest baking adventures unfortunately - this is more like a trailer at the cinema, with a sneak peek of delicious things to come. All of a sudden, everything is happening at once. Normally, I meander along happily juggling my role as a dedicated follower of cake / baking, with my archaeologist alter ego (not quite Indiana Jones but it can be fun all the same). Lately though, the archaeology has taken over, leaving me scrabbling to catch up. The sweet stuff hasn't completely lost out though - my sister returned from a mini-break in the west (more of that later) with some absolutely amazing peanut-butter fudge. Suffice to say, I've spent every waking non-archaeology moment thinking about it, researching recipes and even trialling one of them (tooth-achingly sugary and the PB flavour was lost - back to the drawing board). So next time I'm writing I will hopefully have been able replicate the fabulous fudge from Doolin, which stars in this week's photo. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment